4th of July wedding daze
My little sister got married yesterday, 4th of July. I was hoping it would be a beautiful day outside since the wedding was to be in their yard. It was overcast and drippy out all afternoon, but it really wasnt bad. The gray ski's weren't the best for taking pictures but I was able to snap about 450 pictures in all, alittle editing and viola! Kelly looked beautiful, simple and elegant. She is very understated but she owns it. Matt looked nervous and gittery , but after hearing his vows I understand why. He really brought out the emotion, I have never heard him speak like he did about Kelly before. It really made the moment perfect, though many people had teary eyes. I would not say I am sappy in any way, but it was alittle difficult taking pictures with my eyes watering. After the ceremony, preformed under a big white tent, set in lush green grass, we proceeded to chow on some smoked porked sandwiches and drink lots of cold beer. I never got a chance to eat the delicious smelling food since I was needed to take pictures of the bride and groom cutting the cake. I thought I would steal a minute to enjoy some, but that ended up on my white shirt. Barbeque sauce and white, not a good look for me. Thank goodness Walmart was close by, 15 minutes later I had a different shirt, and 4 20 lb bags of ice.
The kids were running in the grass, the adults were in small groups talking happily of the married couple, and a few strays were lighting off fireworks. The sun burst out about 5:00, smiles were all around as the beer flowed freely. I am so happy I was able to be there with my family, friends, and my beautiful sister.
The kids were running in the grass, the adults were in small groups talking happily of the married couple, and a few strays were lighting off fireworks. The sun burst out about 5:00, smiles were all around as the beer flowed freely. I am so happy I was able to be there with my family, friends, and my beautiful sister.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home